Windows XP is an operating system introduced in 2001 from Microsoft’s Windows family of operating systems, the previous version of Windows being Windows Me. The “XP” in Windows XP stands for eXPerience.
Microsoft called the XP release its most important product since Windows 95. Along with a redesigned look and feel to the user interface, the new operating system was built on the Windows 2000 kernel, giving users a more stable and reliable environment than previous versions of Windows.
Windows XP was made available in in two versions, Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional. The company focused on mobility, such as technology allowed for in 2001, and included plug and play features for connecting to wireless networks. The operating system utilizes the 802.11x wireless security standard.
The initial Windows XP release was followed by the release of Windows XP 64-Bit Edition (v2002), Windows XP Media Center Edition and Windows XP 64-Bit Edition (v2003).
Windows XP Home Edition SP3 Features
- NX APIs for application developers to enable Data Execution Prevention for their code, independent of system-wide compatibility enforcement settings
- Turns black hole router detection on by default
- Support for SHA-2 signatures in X.509 certificates
- Network Access Protection client
- Group Policy support for IEEE 802.1X authentication for wired network adapters.
- Credential Security Support Provider
- Descriptive Security options in Group Policy/Local Security Policy user interface
- An updated version of the Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider Module (RSAENH) that is FIPS 140-2 certified (SHA-256, SHA-384 and SHA-512 algorithms)
- Installing without requiring a product key during setup for retail and OEM versions
- Software Name: Windows XP Home Edition SP3
- Developers: Microsoft
- Latest Version: Version 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 3) added on October 8, 2015
- Support: Mainstream support ended on April 14, 2009, Extended support ended on April 8, 2014
- Setup Type: ISO Bootable Image
- Installer: Install Offline / Full Standalone Setup
- Compatibility: 32 Bit (x86) / 64 Bit (x64)
- File Size: 570 MB
- Memory (RAM): 256 MB of RAM required
- Disk space needed for installation:1.6 GB
- CPU (Processor): Intel Pentium processor or higher
Windows XP Home Edition SP3 Free Download
Click the button below to start Windows XP Home Edition SP3 free download hosted by Google Drive.