Windows Vista is an operating system by Microsoft for use on personal computers, including home and business desktops, laptops, tablet PCs and media center PCs. Development was completed on 8 November 2006, and over the following three months, it was released in stages to computer hardware and software manufacturers, business customers and retail channels.
Windows Vista has 6 editions in its product lineup: 3 for consumers and public retail – Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate. 2 editions of Windows Vista are for businesses and corporations Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Enterprise. The last version of Windows Vista is Windows Vista Starter is for emerging market. Each edition of Windows Vista has its own target market and resolves around the needs of specific type of potential customer, from individual home desktop or laptop PC users, small and medium enterprises or businesses to large global companies.
Windows Vista Home Basic
Similar to Windows XP Home Edition, Home Basic targets budget-conscious users not requiring advanced media support for home use. This edition lacks the Windows Aero graphical user interface with translucent glass effects; however, it does support desktop composition. Home Basic supports one physical CPU, but with multiple cores, and the 64-bit version supports up to 8 GB of RAM.
This edition includes Windows Firewall, parental controls, Windows Photo Gallery, and other features. Windows Movie Maker is included as well, but without support for working with high-definition video.
Windows Vista Home Basic Features
- Windows Firewall
- Windows Security Center
- Secure Wireless Networking
- Parental Controls
- Anti-spam/ Anti-virus/ Anti-spyware functionality
- Network Map
- Windows Search
- Movie Maker
- Photo Library
- Windows Media Player
- Outlook Express with RSS support
- P2P Messenger
- Software Name: Windows Vista Home Basic
- Developers: Microsoft
- License: Free Trial
- Latest Version: Service Pack 2 (v6.0.6002) added on October 6, 2015
- Setup Type: ISO Bootable Image
- Installer: Install Offline / Full Standalone Setup
- Compatibility: 32 Bit (x86) / 64 Bit (x64)
- File Size: 32 bit (2.1 GB), 64 bit (2.8 GB)
- Memory (RAM): 512 MB of RAM required
- Disk space needed for installation: 2 GB
- CPU (Processor): 800MHz processor or faster
Windows Vista Home Basic 32 Bit and 64 Bit Free Download
Click the button below to start Windows Vista Home Basic 32 Bit and 64 Bit free download hosted by Google Drive.