This is a tutorial on how to search WiFi hotspots using Vistumbler free WiFi scanner.
Vistumbler is a free WiFi scanner written in AutoIT for Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. It is an excellent tool for finding nearby wireless access points.
- Uses the Windows Native Wifi API or netsh to find access points and get wireless information
- GPS Support. Supports COM based NMEA recievers.
- Export/Import access points from Vistumbler TXT/VS1/VSZ or Netstumbler TXT/Text NS1
- Export access point GPS locations to a google earth kml file or GPX(GPS eXchange format)
- Live Google Earth Tracking – Auto KML automatically shows access points in google earth.
- Speaks Signal Strength using sound files, windows sound api, or MIDI
- Open Source (GPLv2 License / Written in AutoIt Scripting Language)