Freegate is an anti-censorship software for secure and fast Internet access. It was developed and maintained by Dynamic Internet Technology (DIT) that enables internet users from mainland China, North Korea, Syria, Iran, Vietnam, and the United Arab Emirates, among others, to view websites blocked by their governments. The program takes advantage of a range of proxy servers called Dynaweb. This allows users to bypass Internet firewalls that block websites by using DIT’s P2P-like proxy network system. Dynamic Internet Technology estimates Freegate had 200,000 users in 2004.The maintainer and CEO of DIT is Bill Xia.
- Users access web sites overseas as fast as their local ones.
- Requires no installation or change in system setting.
- A single executable file on a Windows platform.
- Works by tapping into an anti-censorship backbone, DynaWeb, DIT’s P2P-like proxy network system.
- Anti-censorship capability is further enhanced by a new, unique encryption and compression algorithm in the versions of 6.33 and above.
- Software Name: Freegate
- Developers: Dynamic Internet Technology Inc.
- License: Free
- Latest Version: Version 2015 (126.96.36.199) September 20, 2015
- Installer: Install Offline
- File Size: 2.41 MB
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- System Type: (32-bit or 64-bit) Operating System
Freegate Free Download
Click the button below to start Freegate free download hosted by Google Drive.