Fedora Workstation is a polished, easy to use operating system for laptop and desktop computers, with a complete set of tools for developers and makers of all kinds. It is a reliable, user-friendly, and powerful operating system for your laptop or desktop computer. It supports a wide range of developers, from hobbyists and students to professionals in corporate environments.
- Fedora has a reputation for focusing on innovation, integrating new technologies early on and working closely with upstream Linux communities. Making changes upstream instead of specifically in Fedora ensures that the changes are available to all Linux distributions.
- Fedora has a relatively short life cycle: version X is supported only until 1 month after version X+2 is released and with approximately 6 months between most versions, meaning a version of Fedora is usually supported for approximately 13 months. Fedora users can upgrade from version to version without reinstalling.
- The default desktop in Fedora is the GNOME desktop environment and the default interface is the GNOME Shell. Other desktop environments, including KDE, Xfce, LXDE, MATE and Cinnamon, are available and can be installed.
- Fedora uses the RPM package management system.
- Security is also important in Fedora with one specific security feature being Security-Enhanced Linux, which implements a variety of security policies, including mandatory access controls, and which Fedora adopted early on.
- Software Name: Fedora Workstation
- Developers: Fedora Project
- License: Free
- Latest Version: Version (22) added on October 6, 2015
- Setup Type: ISO Bootable Image
- Installer: Install Offline / Full Standalone Setup
- File Size: 32 bit (1.3 GB), 64 bit (1.3 GB)
- Memory (RAM): 1 GB of RAM required
- Disk space needed for installation: 6 GB
- CPU (Processor): 1 GHz processor or faster
Fedora Workstation Free Download
Click the button below to start Fedora 22 Workstation free download