How To Download All Types of Files Using Internet Download Manager (IDM):
- Download and install Internet Download Manager (IDM)
- Determine the type of file to be downloaded eg; ZIP, RAR, EXE, ISO, DMG, MP4, MP3…
- Go to IDM Interface> Downloads> Options> File Types> Verify or add the type of file> Save
- Add IDM to Chrome Extensions (chrome://extensions):
- Right click IDM> Properties> Find Target or go to “C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\”
- Find the file “IDMGCExt.crx”, move “IDMGCExt.crx” to “Chrome > Settings > Extensions (Chrome://extensions/)
- IDM was successfully installed to Chrome Extensions.
Now, you can try to download the Google Drive links with IDM. Break free! Enjoy!
Internet Download Manager Overview
Internet Download Manager (also called IDM) is a shareware download manager. It’s only available for the Microsoft Windows operating system. It’s perfect for optimizing your download speed 5-8 times faster for all types of files such as images, YouTube videos, rar, zip, iso, etc.
Internet Download Manager Features
- Divides downloads into multiple streams for faster downloading
- Batch downloads
- Download speed limit option
- Import/Export download jobs
- Auto/manual updating of download address
- Multiple queues
- Recent downloads list for easy access to directories
- Resume, schedule, and organizing downloads
- Video downloading from streaming video sites.
- Dynamic segmentation throughout the downloading process.
- Protocols: HTTP, FTP, HTTPS, MMS and Microsoft ISA
- Authentication protocols: Basic, Negotiate, NTLM, and Kerberos allowing for storage and auto-authentication of user names and passwords.
- IDM supports the following web browsers: Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape Navigator, Apple Safari, Flock, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and many others.