DiskMaker X (formerly Lion DiskMaker) is an application built with AppleScript that you can use with many versions of Mac OS X to build a bootable drive from OS X installer program. As soon as you launch the application, it tries to find the OS X Install program with Spotlight. Then, it proposes to build a bootable install disk and make it look as nice as possible. It’s the easiest way to build an OS X Installer in a few clicks! Then you can use the Install drive to fully re-install the OS on a freshly formated drive, or install it on your many Macs without re-downloading the full installer. Compatible with Mac OS X El Capitan (v10.11).
What you’ll need:
- USB Flash Drive, 8GB Minimum
- DiskMaker X
- Mac OS X Yosemite
Mac OS X Yosemite (version 10.10) is the eleventh major release of OS X, Apple Inc.’s desktop and server operating system for Macintosh computers. Yosemite was released to consumers on October 16, 2014.
Mac OS X Yosemite Top Features
- Continuity – Make Your Mac to Work Together with iDevices (iPhone/iPad)
- iCloud Drive – Store, Manage and Edit File Anywhere
- AirDrop – Share Files Between iOS and Mac easily than ever
- Messages – Communicate with Others Better
- Notification Centre – Tell You Everything You Need to Know
- Spotlight – Offer You More Result from Mac and Web
- Mail – Edit and Share Attachment as You Like
- Safari – Smarter, Faster and More Intelligent in Browsing